Most Sunday evenings I review the market and examine charts on my watchlists. I thought this would be a great time to also share what I’m reviewing. This format may change a bit as time goes on, but the basic idea is to share the key data, news, and articles I’m currently looking at for the upcoming week.
Upcoming market events
- Micron (MU) on June 29
- Conagra (CAG), FedEx (FDX) on June 30
- Macy’s (M), Capri Holdings (CPRI), Constellation Brands (STZ), General Mills (GIS) on July 1
- National Beverage Corp. (FIZZ), Carnival Corporation (CCL) on July 2
Data (via SeekingAlpha):
- Tesla (TSLA) is scheduled to release an update on Q2 deliveries
- An update on June firearm checks might come from the FBI’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System
- TrueCar forecasts auto sales will fall 27.2% in June to 1,098,960 units
IPOs anticipated this week:
- DoubleDown Interactive (DDI) and Dun & Bradstreet (DNB) on June 30
- Accolade (ACCD) and Lemonade (LMND) on July 1
There’s also an IPO share lockup on Northstar Gold (NSGCF)
Taleb said the current market landscape, perhaps, has amplified uncertainties, even if the stock market has been mostly rising, despite signs of a spreading COVID-19 pandemic that is re-intensifying in places and threatening to derail projections for a “V-shaped,” or quick and sharp, economic recovery.
Agriculture has been an important case study in automation. The tractor, for example, transformed agriculture from a human- and horse-powered industry into a mechanized industry during the past hundred years. If agriculture is any indication, other industries in the process of automation are likely to enjoy increased productivity and margins, both of which should boost their returns on invested capital over time.
The ride from here could get a lot bumpier after the Dow registered its worst one-day loss since June 11 on Friday, knocking the blue-chip index to its lowest point since May 26, and at least momentarily knocking the wind out of equity investors who may be gradually losing their bullish thesis as U.S. COVID-19 infection rates climb higher.
WealthLed, Copyright 2020 - 2022, All Rights Reserved. WealthLed does not offer any personal financial advice or recommend the purchase or sale of any security or investment for any specific individual. Nothing in this article should be considered personalized investment advice and is for educational purposes only. Additionally, WealthLed has advertising relationships with some of the offers listed on this website. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products or services.