Here’s the market summary for the week of July 27, 2020:
- Hasbro (HAS), NXP Semi (NXPI) on July 27
- Centene (CNC), McDonald’s (MCD), Pfizer (PFE), 3M (MMM), Visa (V), Starbucks (SBUX), eBay (EBAY), AMD (AMD) on July 28
- Boeing (BA), General Electric (GE), General Motors (GM), Spotify (SPOT) Facebook (FB), PayPal (PYPL), Qualcomm (QCOM), Shopify (SHOP) on July 29
- Comcast (CMCSA), UPS (UPS), Procter & Gamble (PG), Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD), Kraft Heinz (KHC), DuPont (DD), Valero Energy (VLO), Amazon (AMZN), Apple (AAPL), Alphabet (GOOGL), Ford (F), MGM Resorts (MGM), Gilead Sciences (GILD) on July 30
- Exxon Mobil (XOM), Phillips 66 (PSX), Chevron (CVX), Merck (MRK), Caterpillar (CAT) on July 31
But again, how much should you really care? In direct proportion to how short your time horizon is, and how large your trades are. If you’re making a few trades here and there for fun with a few thousand dollars, then the convenience and experience of being with Robinhood probably overwhelm the real costs here (pennies). If, however, you’re daytrading a million-dollar account? Sure, I guess you should care. But you also shouldn’t be running a trading business off your phone. You should be investing in high-quality real-time tools, like those available from, well, just about all of Robinhood’s competitors.
Bill Ackman, hedge fund manager and CEO of Pershing Square, brought a SPAC public yesterday called Pershing Square Tontine Holdings, which trades on the New York Stock Exchange with the symbol PSTH.U or PSTHU…The SPAC went public at $20 with 200 million shares issued. The kicker is that the money raised, all $4 billion, goes into the SPAC and not some promoter’s pocket.
Apple’s shift to ARM chips will have a much more profound impact than just lowering the cost and increasing the speed of its next MacBook. In our view, this shift marks the beginning of the end of Intel’s forty-year reign in the x86 era.
WealthLed, Copyright 2020 - 2022, All Rights Reserved. WealthLed does not offer any personal financial advice or recommend the purchase or sale of any security or investment for any specific individual. Nothing in this article should be considered personalized investment advice. Additionally, WealthLed has advertising relationships with some of the offers listed on this website. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products or services.